handmAid 2012 is over! We are still tallying up our total, but we’re pretty confident that we matched last year’s total of around 5000e! So thank you to everyone who volunteered on the day, or took a class, bought some cake, or just turned up to shop!! Check out the blog link for gorgeous photos too!
What’s This About?
handmAid is a craft day in aid of the Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (the DSPCA).
Be there! Saturday 22rd September 2012, in Damer Hall on Stephen’s Green, from 10.30am to 4.30pm; it costs just €5 entry & under 12s are free. All proceeds are going to the DSPCA. If you can’t be there in person, but would like to support the DSPCA through the event, we will have a MyCharity.ie link set up closer to the time.
Three Crafty Ways To Help!
1. Take part in a class! There will be classes in different crafts going on all day.
2. Go shopping! The market stall table will have lots of lovely handmade items to buy, and craft supplies to stock up on.
3. Stitch n bitch! Come and sit in on a big stitch n bitch, buy some bake-sale cake, and drink some donated coffee.
Want to know more, or to volunteer for any part of handmAid? Drop us a line – email@example.com.
PS we are looking for donations! If you could…
- bake something for the cake sale
- set free some of your stash for the market table
- donate something you’ve made yourself for the market table
- give us some scraps that we can use for teaching materials
… then please do! Email us and we’ll come and collect it. Thanks so much!
We Did It Last Year Too!
We had a fantastic time on Saturday 3rd September 2011, and we raised €5,000 for Oxfam Ireland’s appeal for the famine in Somalia! Well done and thank you to all who volunteered, baked, took a class, shopped, and generally turned up in their hundreds on the day! Photos are here! Thanks again!